Three new podcasts are up currently on SuperfriendsUniverse.com. QCW Radio Episode 88 is up and ready to be listened to here. It was taped last night with your usual show recaps + special main event topic. The newest World Championship Boxing is also up here. Plus, later today we will be streaming the fourth episode of Pixels & Bits and if you can’t wait, the archive is up here.
Superfriends returns this Wednesday Night. The press release will be up tomorrow morning.
Lots of content coming your way + a news update. Stay tuned.
– Just like we promised, there is a crapload of new content on SuperfriendsUniverse.com this week. We’ve got FIVE new episodes of podcasts coming this week including the return of two MAJOR shows this week!
– Firstly, The newest edition of Ed’s Laidback Gourmet is up right now as he covers the new First Degree Burn Doritos.
– Brand new edition of the Chessboard where my son Chess examines the State of TNA can be read here. My thoughts on TNA’s continued stupidity can be read here.
– Video Game legend Brandon Myers has reviewed RISK: Factions here. More video games coming!
Then, BRAND NEW RADIO SHOWS THIS WEEK!!!!!
– On Monday, a new episode of both World Championship Boxing AND QCW Radio, streaming live right here on SuperfriendsUniverse.com. Check out the shows live right here at 5PM and 11:30PM Eastern Time Respectively and talk to the hosts and fans over on SuperfriendsUniverse.com/chat
– Tuesday, the newest episode of Pixels & Bits will be airing at 6:00PM Eastern as Ed and I go in depth about the Punch-Out series – Mike Tyson’s Punch Out, Super Punch Out and Punch Out on the Wii plus other pertinent topics. Listen Live.
– Wednesday Night is the LONG AWAITED RETURN OF SUPERFRIENDS. Our historic Season Premier for the third season has come! Join Emperor Big D and the Vogue Crew this Wednesday for complete wackyness.
– Thursday Night is another HUGE return. Mike Trojan’s Advanced Macking, airing LIVE at 8PM Eastern with talk on macking chicks and the friend zone. Do not miss this show!
– All this and tons more coming from the SuperfriendsUniverse!
For the second month in a row, TNA has promised a big surprise on Pay Per View and delivered… nothing. What’s even more retarded than just that is the fact that TNA informed management and the workers, THEIR OWN WORKERS, that Paul Heyman was a sure thing and was coming in. And yet again – they shot themselves.
I’m not exactly sure why anybody would believe that Heyman was really coming in. He has stated in numerous interviews, including one six days ago on the Wrestling Observer, that he was not coming in because he was offered a low-ball deal with not enough power or comfort. Reports came earlier today that Heyman was in New York, and yet TNA continued to inform its talent that he was coming. Flying from New York to Florida isn’t a 30 minute flight people. So rather than just stop with the big announcement bullshit, they continue to do this, it doesn’t mean a damn thing
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT!?
This is a time where TNA is being heavily tested and people are expecting change. After the numerous failed experiments (Reaction, Monday Nights, Hulk Hogan, etc), fans, journalists, and perhaps even Spike TV have begun to realize that the ship has sailed on TNA. While moving back to Thursdays was a very good move for business, there is no denying that many of TNA’s most hardcore supporters saw that as a step back, specially after the faux-bravado that Hulk Hogan and crew showed (“we’re getting a 3.0 brother”). Quite frankly, I went from loving the company years ago, to hoping that it would improve, to waiting for a change, to wanting them to just be wiped off the face of the Earth.
It is insulting to me that despite TNA being under the microscope, that they continue to bullshit their own workers. WHY WOULD YOU SAY SOMEBODY WAS IN YOUR COMPANY IF IT WASN’T A SURE THING? I mean honestly folks, how would you feel if your company offered you change and you were under the impression that it was coming only to find out that not only the person who is making the change isn’t signed to a deal, but didn’t even verbally agree. HEYMAN SAID NO!
Every month I get more and more angry at this company and want them to die more and more. It’s not the workers, it’s the pieces of shit running the thing. It’s Dixie, who comes off like a “wholesome mother and businesswoman” when in real life she is a dumb douchebag who has no idea what he is doing, Vince Russo who, is a nice guy, but can’t write TV, Terry Taylor, a mid-card wrestler at best who’s career was about as successful as New Coke, and anybody else who thinks this is a good idea.
Sure, maybe I went too far, but I’m just sick of it. Thank God I did not order the PPV and if you did, I feel sorry for you. Don’t give them a penny again.
Big week in the Superfriends Universe – stay tuned.
Ariel Helwani (who’s getting way too much pub but DAMN is it ever deserved) recently caught up with charismatic pro boxer James Toney, who is scheduled to face Randy “The Natural” at UFC 118 in late August. Toney’s confidence was mind-blowing and this turned into one of the funniest interviews ever. This is how you cut a money promo.