Hobo with a Shotgun (2011)
Jason Eisener wrote and directed it.
John Davies and Rob Cotterill co-wrote it.
Rutger Hauer, Brian Downey, Gregory Smith, Nick Bateman, Molly Dunsworth star in it.
Karim Hussain shot it.
Rob Cotterill, Niv Fichman, Paul Gross and Frank Siracusa produced it.
Run Time: 86 minutes.
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Top 3 Reasons To Watch This Movie
▪ The Title. Seriously. It gives you exactly what you expect… a hobo with a shotgun. And what does this hobo do? He shoots people. He shoots the shit out of them.
▪ Rutger Hauer. The man is awesome. From playing Roy Batty in Blade Runner to the evil corporate stooge in Batman Begins, there is no role this man can not handle. What makes this performance so awesome is that he DOESN’T treat it like a joke. He plays it completely straight and somehow makes the movie even more hilarious.
▪ The Complete Insanity. This movie was modeled after the Grindhouse style of movies from the 70s and 80s. From the cinematography to the soundtrack to the concept. What makes it better is that the movie is completely UNHINGED. Not only is the bum’s rampage a hell of a lot of fun to watch, but in the third act of the movie the movie takes a completely ridiculous turn that comes out of nowhere. You think you know where it’s going, but you have no idea (and I mean this in a good way, clearly.) Trust me, you won’t see it coming.
Ultra violent. Hilarious. Completely fucking insane.
Watch this movie if you liked:
Death Proof (2007)
Planet Terror (2007)
The Warriors (1979)
Shoot ‘Em Up (2006)
How can you watch it?
Hobo with a Shotgun is readily available at most major retailers.
Amazon: $11.31 (DVD), $17.28 (Blu-ray), $2.99 (Instant Rental), $9.99 (HD Instant Purchase)
iTunes: $3.99 (Standard rental), $4.99 (HD Rental) $14.99 (Standard purchase), $19.99 (HD Purchase)
Netflix: Streaming. Disc available as well.
YouTube: $2.99 (48 Hr Pass)
Latest posts by Adolfo (see all)
- Marvel @ The Movies – Part 1:The Captain America Republic Serials (1944) - August 10, 2015
- Fantastic Four (2015) – The Worst Superhero Movie of the Modern Era - August 8, 2015
- Movies You Must Own: The Shining (1980) - October 14, 2014